Friday, August 1, 2008

Bahar Shahpar




I stumbled across this amazing designer the other day. I love her clothes. The dresses are adorable!! I love everything on her website and I love her philosophy- which i have cut and pasted below. Please check out this talented designers page: http://www.baharshahpar.com/

"Sustainability is the cornerstone of our manufacturing philosophy. It has become increasingly clear that we can no longer ignore the impact of industry on our health, habitats, and resources, both present and future — it seems only logical to adopt more sustainable practices.
Producing locally here in New York, Bahar Shahpar designs using only ecologically sound materials, minimizing waste and overall energy consumption in every instance possible. Fibers are evaluated according to the methods used for their cultivation, processing, and finishing, and vintage trims, natural buttons, and unbleached organic cotton linings are incorporated into most pieces.
Combining turn-of-the-century femininity with a sharp playful edge, the line balances style with substance, honoring artisanship while maintaining a commitment to social and environmental responsibility. It is clothing for a cultivated consumer. "

2 comments:

1 turtle dove said...

I love, love, love Bahar. She is such an inspiration to me - I am trying to start my own organic/sustainable fashion line (www.1turtledove.blogspot.com) and she is a great example.

I have the grey dress with the bow on the front - so cute and comfortable!

elmil said...

That dress was my favorite!!-
love your blog too!!!